About Me

My photo
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
A sinner who may come before God because of Christ

Friday, April 18, 2008

Where have I been?

It has been over 3 months since my last blog. What happened?

Well, life kind of got in the way of this "hobby". Mostly, I started teaching a class at church on Apologetics and Worldview. I was using a variety of sources and it took me a lot of my free time to research and pull together.

The other aspect was that I decided to take a break from writing and then writing took a break from me. Also, caught a flu/cold that has lingered for over a month and turned into a cough but am doing better now.

Finally, this was a rough winter. I think I caught a touch of SAD (Seasonal Affect Disorder) and the Michigan winter seemed long, or at least bleak. We seemed to have just a few days of sun and it has been somewhat bitterly cold for a long time.

Well, nice weather has come, my cough is much better, and baseball season is here (though the Tigers have been struggling a bit).

Also, I get a daily email with a Bible verse and a quote (http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm) and this one struck home and I just had this unction to write.

The verse is:
"Who can withstand his indignation? Who can endure his fierce anger? His wrath is poured out like fire; the rocks areshattered before him." -- Nahum 1:6 (NIV)

It reminded me that while we have a God of Love, we also have a God of (righteous) Wrath.

One of the things I have been thinking about while "off-line" is how miserable I was feeling- sick, cold, drab, yucky is only a taste of His Wrath.

Now, I am not saying that God brought these to me, but they are the result of Adam's sin (thanks Adam!) which brought death and pain and misery to this wonderful world created by God.

It also reminds me that most people walk around in dire straights in their relationships with God and they are blindly walking into that wall of His Wrath because so much that passes for Christian faith and general spirituality shouts about His Love but mumbles about His Wrath. They don't want to talk about it because who wants to hear all that negative stuff!

The end result will be a lot of people existing in a permanent long, suffering, miserable, winter of eternity. There will be no spring or summer for the lost.

(warning: a Tom non-biblical supported pontification alert) One wonders if the only tears we will have is all the times we failed to speak His Truth in love.

For His Glory,
Tom

No comments: